25-hrs office yoga teacher training in Copenhagen
Become an office yoga teacher in 4 weeks
This immersion for yoga teachers or advanced practitioners will provide you with a tool kit to teach yoga at offices. You can use the techniques for yourself during a strenuous working day as well as guide your co-workers online or in the office.
Graduating from this course will enable you to teach Office Yoga, taking the possibilities (using chairs and desks) and challenges (work clothes, no mats and beginner yogis) to create a class that helps professionals to:
- Release and avoid pain in neck and back,
- mobilize and stretch their tired desk bodies,
- reduce stress,
- improve focus, memory and concentration,
- increase energy,
- breathe better and
- become more creative and productive at work.
You will learn in your Office Yoga teacher training
- What is office yoga, what the benefits are and when to teach it (incl. duration).
- How to structure and teach office yoga sessions online and on site.
- Understand what are the physical and mental challenges in a working day and how yoga can help.
- Teach students how to sit and stand to avoid pain and long term back damage incl. a brief anatomy of neck, shoulders, and back.
- How to use props like a chair, a desk, and walls for your class.
- Yoga poses that can be done in office clothes and are suitable for beginners.
- A variety of seated and standing asanas incl. a seated and standing sun salutation.
- Meditation and breathing techniques for the office.
- Progressive muscle relaxation at the desk.
- Yoga for eyes.
- Face yoga to release jaw and neck tension.
- Yoga philosophy, Yamas and Niyamas at the work place.
- Create a team building yoga class.
- Let’s talk business: how to offer your office yoga to companies and pricing.
When and where
16-hrs presence time at the studio in Kronprinsessegade 20, 1306 Copenhagen
July 18th 3-7pm
July 25th 3-7pm
August 1st 3-7pm
August 8th 3-7pm
9-hrs online teachings and homework.
Apply to become an office yoga teacher
Write an email to email@example.com and tell us why you would like to take this course. Further, let us know what yoga means to you and if you have any previous experience like teacher training or a consistent, regular yoga practice.
Who guides the teacher training
Julia knows what long working days look and feel like. She has been a sales professional and consultant in big international cooperation for many years. A few years ago she changed her career and became a full-time yoga teacher, to not only change her life, but also help her students to change theirs. She has completed more than 700 hrs of training and is the owner of Warrior Princess Yoga in Copenhagen. Last year she created Office Yoga, which she teaches on weekdays to international students online. She further offers customized sessions to companies on demand. Her article about Office Yoga got published in the June print of Yoga Magazine UK this year.
I have been learning from Julia since we met in my 200-hr teacher training at Doron Yoga in January of 2020. She is thoughtful and fair in her feedback, which helps me improve not just my teaching style, but also my own yoga practice. Among many strengths, Julia excels with beginner-level adjustments as well as cues specific for virtual classes. Since I’ve been practicing yoga for over a decade and learned to teach with students in the classroom, I forget that most new students don’t know how to sustain Ujjayi breath nor to keep a slight bend in their knees in a down dog. Since working with Julia, they’re becoming a routine part of my in-class recommendations and reminders. I highly recommend Julia for anyone looking to improve their teaching. She is so open and willing to help without any ego-involvement, and it is refreshing and a pleasure to witness
I was looking for some options to engage with our employees but also make them enjoy their time in the office, then yoga came to my mind so I contacted Julia.
Her approach was perfect for our needs, we first started with yoga and later we added mediation, which was the best thing ever! After a long day of dealing with sales and customers, mediation is the best way to release stress.
Julia always brings new techniques and exercises to free our minds and train the body. I would definitely recommend her classes to anyone who’s trying to create a better atmosphere in the office.